Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Agony, Irony and The Like

Days 8 & 9. Wondering where I have been? Well, I didn't fall off the face of the planet. I didn't fall off plan. I just have not had minute one to sit and write. It began with a semi typical Tuesday. I slammed all day to get things done, then Ian came home, we rushed through homework and dinner and then headed out the door to football. Afterwards, I was exhausted and went to bed soon after I put Ian down.

Wednesday rolls around with a bang. First, on the schedule are the heater guy (maintenance check up) and the driveway sealing guys (they never showed, but how was I to know?). Also, I had a chiro appointment and phys therapy (agony) session. Followed that up with a quick trip to the grocery. Came home and begin the final round of canning (carrots and tomato paste). Phone rings at about noon. "Ian has a fever of 100.6 and that means he has to come home, stay out of school until the fever is gone without meds for at least 24 hours." *Sigh* My son runs like I do ... something gets in his system and all fires are on GO! until it is out of the system. We burn hot fevers. 100.6? That's nothing. But, rules are rules. I bring him home and get him situated. Heater guy finally shows. Then Ian starts vomiting. Joy. Made chicken noodle soup in the hopes he would eat some. Not. Ran back to the store at 8pm for more meds and jello and such. Kids gotta eat. Got him in bed ... but he was up and down for the next several hours.

So you see ... I simply have not had time to write. Or workout. Or really even eat very much. I guess the last part is good.

He's home with me today, and it looks like tomorrow as well. And I am the single parent with the big *Quarantined* mark on the door. (Chris is gone til 10/7 for business.)

All these things make it a bit hard to keep on track. (Irony) When I ran to Wegman's last night, the thought of those nice brownies in the bakery aisle was very tempting. I'm stressed, I'm fairly hungry, I'm tired ... all shields are down. However,I managed to resist. But I know I did not eat enough, nor the best types of food, probably. And it certainly was not typical. I don't eat soup every single night, and for lunch as well, but that's what the food diary is showing thus far. See for yourself!

Tuesday 9/29/095 egg whites
¼ cup RF shredded cheddar cheese
Coffee

Fiber One Yogurt
10 whole wheat crackers
2 pcs (thumb sized) RF Cheddar Cheese

Potato Soup, about 1-3/4 cups
1 slice garlic tuscan bread, no butter

½ cup salsa
1 svg. Corn chips

Wednesday 9/30/09Coffee
Skim milk pumpkin spice latte

Turkey chili

Homemade Chicken noodle soup
2 slices beer bread

Handful of natural almonds
Lots and LOTS of water

Off to the store (AGAIN) for a battery for the thermometer. Praying for a better day and much healing for that little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment