Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Sunday, October 18, 2009

'Tis true, it is black and blue ...

So intensely did I train,
my ankle I did sprain.
Unfortunately, 'tis true
confirmed by the black and the blue.

Well, since it was during my "1 hour of fun cardio" yesterday, I am not sure if I can truly claim "intense training", but I do have a mild, low-ankle sprain. Seriously, not bad, just a little sore, and a bit ugly. I tested though, and I can still squat, I can still lunge, calf lifts are a bit more sore and running will be out of the question ... but hey! I wasn't planning on running anyway! :)

And for the record, it is no longer "fun cardio" to walk my little Irish Terrorist. She has forgotten all of her walking manners, hence the sprain by tripping as she criss-crossed in front of me hundreds of times chasing after squirrels, cars, blades of grass ... whatever. Also for the record, this tripping occurred within the 1st 1/2 mile of our walk, I got up, tested the ankle and continued on for the full 5 miles. It wasn't until I went to bed (very late) that I realized the slight twinge would become full-fledged pain and swelling once my sock was removed.

I am pretty sure I am the most accident prone person in the universe. No, really, I dare anyone to find a better contender.


My husband and I met friends out last night for drinks (them, me water) and karaoke. We had a wonderful time. It was great to get out, shake the dust off and just hang. One of my proudest moments came when our friend asked if I could even share a bite of her mushroom burger (sans bun) and I said "no." Here's the proud moment ... she said "really? Not even a bite" and Chris, my husband answered, "She won't." As in, nope, she won't eat it, she won't give in, don't even try. lol And he looked quite proud of me. So I felt good about it.

Football Sunday starts in just a few minutes, so I am going to put the diary for Fri & Sat in, then settle myself onto the couch, ankle propped up, resting up for tomorrow. Enjoy your Sunday!

FRIDAY
Breakfast
* Whey to Go Whey Protein Powder, chocolate flavor, 28 gram(s)
* Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
* Raspberries, 0.5 cup

Lunch
* Swordfish, 3 oz
* Green Giant Cut Green Beans, can, 1 cup

Dinner
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 3 ounces
* Asparagus, fresh, 10 spear, small (5" long or less)

Snack
* Dare Grains First Whole Grain Crackers, 2 serving
* Starkist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked Tuna, 1 serving
* Pears, canned, 0.5 cup, halves
* Cottage Cheese, 1% Milkfat, 0.75 cup (not packed)

SATURDAY
Breakfast
* Organic Valley Organic Egg Whites, 3 serving
* Old Wessex Lts. 5 Grain Cereal, 1 serving
* Banana, fresh, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)

Lunch
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 3 ounces
* Broccoli, cooked, 1 cup, chopped

Dinner
* Coho Salmon, 3 oz
* Libby's Cut Green Beans Natural Pack, 1 cup

Snack
* Raspberries, 0.5 cup
* Whey to Go Whey Protein Powder, chocolate flavor, 28 gram(s)
* Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
* Thomas 100 Calorie Plain Bagel, 1 serving
* MaraNatha Natural Almond Butter, 2 tbsp

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed! Not by the sprain, but by the resolve you have shown in drinks and mushroom burgers! The sprain... I am not surprised...lol you always seem to sideline yourself in the middle of the motivation. So, I will be reading to see how you get through it and know that I know that you can! You go girl!

    Update on my resolve... I suck. I drank way way too much at a party last night (I had a DD, but i should have been the DD). I woke this morning w/ a slight hangover but... after I got into a conversation about flab w/ Brandon who kindly pointed out my bottom as a reference point... and said that I ought to "thin" down... I promptly jumped on the elliptical for 30 minutes while I had him clean the living room! LOL...

    ReplyDelete