Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat ...

There was this moment ... just one moment, when I ALMOST unwrapped the single, solitary piece of Dove Dark Chocolate which had fallen from our Treaters stash onto the floor. I looked at it and heard the evil hiss of the snake in my ear "It's daaarrrk chocolate, (ssssss) full of anti-oxidantsssssssss. It'sssss good for you. Go ahead ... I won't tell ... (ssssss)"

Get thee behind me, fiendish candy, snake-voiced, Satan-thing!

I kind of laughed, and dropped the the candy back in the dish, and placed it on the kitchen table, where the dogs won't be tempted. And walked away.

Sure, that piece of candy would have been nice. It would have tasted wonderful for a whole 30 seconds. Maybe even a minute if I resisted the urge to bite. But after that? It's just junk on my trunk. It's more weight to carry around during cardio tomorrow, more calories I have to burn in order to get rid of this fat. Forget it. A moment on the lips is sssssooo not worth a lifetime on the hips.

Oh yes, I realize it is only one piece of candy. I realize, in the realm of candies, it is certainly not the worst thing I could have chosen. However, it would be a breach to my commitment ... a death to my integrity ... to give in. I have a semi-cheat day coming tomorrow, for God's sake ... why blow THAT on one piece of chocolate?

Semi-cheat day: My family is going to watch the Buffalo Bills play the Houston Texans at Ralph Wilson Stadium. It's one thing to stay good when you are at home and can control your environment. Being out, at a game, where you are at the mercy of the vendors, is a different story. I am heading to the gym for an early morning sweat session. Bringing my mid-morning and afternoon snacks in baggies. And I intend to walk the entire stadium in search of the very healthiest fare they have to offer for my lunch. I won't be following my exact plan, but I am going to be as good as possible in the given circumstances. I would rather enjoy a good healthy turkey wrap (if there is such a thing in Buffalo!) than one single piece of dark chocolate any day of the week. So, take your Dove Dark Chocolate temptation away and save it for another day, oh diet-destroyer! I am committed!

SATURDAY'S FOOD DIARY
Breakfast

Kashi Go Lean Waffle, 0.5 serving
Whey to Go Whey Protein Powder, chocolate flavor, 28 gram(s)
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
Grapes, 10 grape
Lunch
Coho Salmon, 3 oz
Brown Rice, medium grain, 0.5 cup
Dinner
Chicken Breast, no skin, 3 ounces
Broccoli, cooked, 1 cup, chopped
Olivio Buttery Spray 5 sprays, 1 serving
Snack
Cottage Cheese, 1% Milkfat, 0.75 cup (not packed)
Apples, fresh, 0.5 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb)
Peppers, sweet, red, raw, sliced, 0.5 cup
Almonds, 12 almond

No comments:

Post a Comment