Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Saturday, October 10, 2009

What I Have Learned ...

It hasn't been a full *week* yet, however, today I just finished ... no, I just ACCOMPLISHED my first week of my new training schedule. There has been pain, there have been obstacles, there have been up days and down days, but because I took one day at a time and dealt with each individual crisis as it happened, not allowing anything to derail my journey towards the ultimate goal, I did it.

I have learned that my body is an amazing machine that remembers things, even when misuse has made it rusty and soft. I have learned that it feels good to notice the muscles in my legs because I feel them, even when I can't see them quite yet. I have learned that knee pain can be managed with ice. I have learned that ibuprofen can be a best friend. I have learned that schedules can be rearranged.

I have learned that I can accomplish anything if I put my mind to it.

I do realize that there is a long ways to go. That the downs are going to attain more depth and the climb back out will be more difficult. But hey, I will have better climbing muscles by then, right? I know that my resolve will diminish at times and that I will have to fight very hard to stay motivated. But right now? I feel like I am filling up my motivation storeroom, and when the time comes I will be better prepared than ever before.

I am also very excited that tomorrow is a day off. :) I am looking forward to resting while enjoying some great football. Right now I am even looking forward to Monday's appointment with the orthopaedic center. It has taken me far too long to get this taken care of, and I have been paying for it in pain. Definitely, time for that to end.

“The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.” ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes ~

Breakfast
* Blue Agave, Organic (Wholesome Sweeteners brand), 0.5 tbsp
* Blueberries, fresh, 0.5 cup
* Organic Valley Organic Egg Whites, 4 serving
* Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread, 2 serving
* Regular Coffee, 3 cup (8 fl oz)
Lunch
Turkey Burger, Jennie-O, 4 oz
Libby's Cut Green Beans Natural Pack, 1 cup
Dinner
Chicken Breast, no skin, 3 ounces
Broccoli, cooked, 1 cup, chopped
Snack
Brown Rice, 0.75 cup
Avocados, California (Haas), 0.5 fruit without skin and seeds
Cottage Cheese, 1% Milkfat, 0.75 cup (not packed)
Red Ripe Tomatoes, 0.5 cup, chopped or sliced

1 comment:

  1. Schedules CAN be rearranged... I am taking that from your journey and applying it to my own personal one. Finding the time has been one of my weaknesses and I have just as many excuses as you if not more!

    I intended to work out this morning on the elliptical but... I got up late and could only do 10 minutes so.. I will have to hop on it again later today for an additional 20-30.

    Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete