Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Mirror Is UGLY!!

Things have been going very well, if I do say so myself. I just finished my 2nd full body Workout (WO) and, though it was difficult and, at times, painful, I managed every single minute. At the end of the WO, I was completing some work on my triceps, feeling a bit like Wonder Woman, strong, healthy ... then I checked my form in the mirror. WOW - is that ever an ugly mirror! Reflected back at me was not the strong, healthy, happy woman I was feeling inside, but instead there was this dumpy, frumpy, sweaty, old lady was standing there. ACK!

In the old days, I would have escaped to the locker room and cried in one of the bathroom stalls. Today, however, I looked away, realigned myself, tucked those buns, sucked in the gut and stood up straighter and continued on with the set. Nearing the end, I looked again at the mirror, and while it did not quite hold the reflection of the woman inside of me, it did show a stronger, taller, more capable person than it had before.

I feel better about myself for the things that I am doing to improve, but unfortunately, that doesn't translate immediately into a more attractive reflection in the mirror. Instead of looking there to find absolution for the changes I am making, I am going to have to spend more time looking inside, at the real me. Not the one who lives inside the ugly mirror. I am strong. I am capable. I WILL BE fit and healthy. Too often, the reflection acts as a gauge into how my day will work out. We've all been there, right? Bad hair can ruin an entire day. From here on out, though, I am going to rely less on the mirror and more on the positive energy I have inside of me. And someday? That mirror might not be quite so ugly!


Breakfast
* Kashi Autumn Wheat Cereal, 1 cup
* Milk, nonfat, 1 cup

Lunch
* Spicy Lentil Chili, 1 serving
* Wholly Guacamole 100 Calorie Snack Pack, 1 serving
* Dimpilmeier Hunter Style Rye Bread, 2 serving
* Broccoli Sprouts, 0.5 oz

Dinner
* Dreamfields Low-Carb Spaghetti, 1 serving
* Spaghetti/Marinara Sauce (tomato sauce), 1 cup
* Aidell's Chicken & Turkey Sausage (1 Link), Roasted Red Pepper & Corn, 100 gram(s)
* Parmesan Cheese, shredded, 1 tbsp

Snack
* Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds (28 almonds), 0.33 serving
* Starbucks Grande Nonfat Pumpkin Spice Latte - No Whip Cream, 16 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment