Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Friday, October 9, 2009

Going with the Flow ...

Ian is home sick. Again. He was up last night with a fever of 103.3. This morning, it is low grade, but I can't send him because of the school rules. And besides that, 103.3 is high, even by our standards, so he must really be fighting something, poor little bugger.

What does this mean for me, other than being worried mom who checks on her son every few minutes and tries to force feed him liquids? Not getting to do my cardio in the morning. I will have to run out the door when Chris gets home so that I can get it in early enough not to affect my sleep too drastically. I think I want a bike (stationary!) for Christmas. Or an elliptical trainer for the house. Something ... maybe even a treadmill. Actually a tread would probably be the best thing because most of them fold up now and I can work on getting back into marathon shape away from the eyes at the gym. Fat jiggles a lot more on a tread than an elliptical or stationary bike. ;-) Seriously though, it would help a lot to have something here in the house that I could rely upon for the days when Ian is sick and Chris is gone.

I feel pretty good today. My shoulder is achy, but I can live with that. I have been doing so for over a year now. I actually feel the muscles in my legs when I walk, but its not impossibly painful. More like "Hey up there! Yep, we're still here!" kinda talk from the thighs. My shins were bothering me a bit last night, and my knee. But I iced the knee when I got home and the shins? They go away if you ignore them long enough. I have dealt with shin splints most of my adult life. I DO need a new pair of trainers though. I intended to head out today in search of the perfect fit ... but am sidelined by Ian's fever. UNLESS (bad mommy alert!) he starts feeling much better this afternoon. In which case, he and I might make a run to the sporting goods store. He's already feeling better than last night, and all we are dealing with is a fever and runny nose. I'm not THAT bad of a mom, am I?

So under the theme of "Going with the Flow" ... I am learning to adjust my schedule as needed based upon the daily things which strive to upend me. In the *Old Days*, if I didn't get to do my workout at my scheduled time, I would scrap it for the rest of the day. Now, it IS the most important thing on my schedule, it is my JOB, and I have to get it done every day, one way or the other. If I have to show up late, I show up late!

Life is full of obstacles, but you just have to learn how to leap over them. Another favorite quote? "Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal." Keep focused on where you need to go, and get through, over, around ... whatever might get in your way. Missing the goal is simply not an option. I read another quote today that really made me think ... meditate on this today:

"It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it." ~ Arnold Toynbee ~

Breakfast
* Onions, raw, 2 tbsp chopped
* Organic Valley Organic Egg Whites, 3 serving
* Old Wessex Lts. 5 Grain Cereal, 1 serving
* Banana, fresh, 1 medium

Lunch
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 3 ounces
* Asparagus, fresh, 11 spear, small

Dinner
* Sea Bass (fish), 1 fillet
* Carrots, cooked, 1 cup slices

Snack
* Thomas 100 Calorie Plain Bagel, 1 serving
* MaraNatha Natural Almond Butter, 2 tbsp
* GeniSoy Soy Protein Ultra XT Powder, 1 serving
* Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
* Blueberries, fresh, 0.5 cup

1 comment:

  1. You should come to the walking track with me. It's fairly quiet and not to loud, you can walk or Jog, your choice. Best part it's free , (well not really since we pay taxes ).

    ReplyDelete