Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Hate Her, I Hate Her, I Hate Her! (Different Her!)

Sooo, went to the Orthopaedic chick yesterday (I will just call her Ortho from here on out) and learned that I do indeed have a slight tear in my Rotator Cuff. That's not too bad, however there is also tendinitis and impingement in the rotator cuff circle of friends that meets at my left shoulder. Altogether it makes for a bit of a mess. Hopefully, not so big of a mess that we need to go in and cut it, but that lots of physical therapy will help. And, OH YEAH, Cortisone Shots. Ummm. Having now had my very first one, let me just say, I AM NOT A FAN!! When I went into to see Ortho, I could still move my arm to the front, to the back a bit, could even lift it to the side some if in the right position. Now? Can't hardly move it at all. And, OH YEAH, if you brush up against my left shoulder, I guarantee that my right fist is going to show you how healthy it is.

*Sigh* OK, I am not really so mean as all that, but I am really hurting. I feel like an invalid. This injury has previously been just an inconvenience, now it feels like a full-fledged, well, INJURY. Train Wreck. I want it healed, but gosh, I didn't want to lose what I already had, and I am not quite over being angry about that part yet.

Tired of my belly ache? Yeah, me too. So I will simmer down and shut up about it. The other stuff in my life is going fantastic. I have been very prepared the last couple of days, now that I am more certain of all the rules. If I have to cook, I cook enough for many days, then freeze what won't get eaten within 3. I started storing my left over veggies in one-cup portions in the fridge, so all I have to do is grab the flavor of the day, at its given time and go. I feel quite in control of myself right now and still just taking every day as it comes. In spite of the extra pain, I made it through my first spin class in forever with gusto. I forgot how much I love that feeling. If you have never tried a spinning class, I highly recommend it. Your bumm will ache for 2 days after your first go around, but will harden up nicely after that, and its just a rush. If you have any ounce of competitiveness in you, this is the place to be. Racing against yourself (and if you are like me, against everyone else in the class!), feeling that burn, reaching that peak ... it's an indoor fitness adventure.

Here's Monday's Food Diary:

Breakfast:
* Whey to Go Whey Protein Powder, chocolate flavor, 28 gram(s)
* Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
* Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread, 1 serving
* Olivio Buttery Spray 5 sprays, 1 serving

Lunch:
* Coho Salmon, 0.5 fillet
* Cauliflower, frozen, cooked, 1 cup (1" pieces)
* Olivio Buttery Spray 5 sprays, 1 serving

Dinner:
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 3 ounces
* Carrots, cooked, 1 cup slices

Snack:
* Starkist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked Tuna, 1 serving
* Dare Grains First Whole Grain Crackers, 2 serving
* Cottage Cheese, 1% Milkfat, 0.75 cup (not packed)
* Mangos, 0.5 cup, sliced

Go forth and be strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment