Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Saturday, October 24, 2009

I struggled again today, to fit it all in. The food, that is. Mainly because ... we slept in a bit! Which is wonderful, but throws off a disciplined schedule. And would you like to know what woke me up? My stomach growling! Apparently, flabby Flo down there has also become accustomed to my regular schedule!

Because I didn't get downstairs to start cooking until 9am, I was already an hour behind. After feeding the dogs and starting the coffee, Ian wanted some of my "yummy french toast" as well, so I made his first. By the time I sat down to eat, it was 9:45am, and I am now nearly 2 hours behind schedule. Fit it in I did though. And I also accomplished another 5 mile walk with the crazy canine. Now I am ready for a relaxing Sunday.

My intentions, tomorrow while watching football, are to precook and package the majority of next weeks food, and label them by the day I will need to eat them. Our weeks are so hectic that I need to take advantage of every tool in my arsenal to be prepared. I am also going to write everything down on the calendar. I am usually quite diligent, but since we threw it all out of whack last week, I haven't updated it. AND ... I need to do loads and loads of laundry.

But still, there will be time to enjoy football. I will make sure of that!

I know that I promised insight, but I have none. Nothing extraordinary happened! Keeping one foot in front of the other and dodging whatever obstacles life flings in your direction is about all I can offer. But, there is this final point to ponder:

"When you go from being a caterpillar to becoming a butterfly, you're nothing more than a yellow gooey sticky mess." ~ Ted Forbes


Breakfast
Organic Valley Organic Egg Whites, 3 serving
Old Wessex Lts. 5 Grain Cereal, 1 serving
Banana, fresh, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
Regular Coffee, 2 cup (8 fl oz)
Lunch
Tea, brewed, 8 fl oz
Chicken Breast, no skin, 3 ounces
Romaine Lettuce (salad), 1 cup, shredded
Newman's Own Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette, 0.25 serving
Dinner
Herb Baked Halibut, 0.5 serving
Broccoli, cooked, 1 cup, chopped
Olivio Buttery Spray 5 sprays, 1 serving
Snack
Whey to Go Whey Protein Powder, chocolate flavor, 28 gram(s)
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
Apples, fresh, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb)

No comments:

Post a Comment