Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 19 "Tales from an Armchair"

Remember yesterday's lament about my body failing me, repeatedly? Today was worse. No, really. It started out better, a little. Still in pain, but somewhat less. Still moving slowly, but at least able to do so. Then I sneezed.

Oh, yeah. That nearly sent me to the hospital. Picture this:

Chicken browning in a pan on the stove to my right. Dishwasher opened to my left. My back to the sink. One large sneeze and suddenly I can no longer support my body with my legs. I am holding myself up by my arms, slightly behind me, on the sink, completely unable to move one direction or the other, tears streaming down my face. Can't turn the stove off because I can't remove one of the arms keeping my body from crumbling to the floor. Can't reach the phone to call for help because I can't get past the open dishwasher. Arms are starting to shake .. and ...

Come on! This is freakin' ridiculous! Really, God? I am going to die by burning down my house while browning chicken when my 41 year old back goes out? Really? Give a girl a break already!

I eventually got myself turned around and after some time was able to turn off the stove and drag my legs to a chair in the kitchen. After some time there, I was able to get to the medicine cabinet containing my leftover Vicodin (rotator cuff surgery a year ago). I eventually finished putting together the Chicken Cacciatore and made my way to my favorite armchair where I have spent the better part of this day. Oh yeah, I made sure I had my phone on me from the "incident" on, as well.

My husband thinks I need one of this "Help me! I've fallen and I can't get up~!!" buttons.

Yeah. He's a really funny guy.

The vicodin has helped immensely. Luckily, I used very little after my surgery. Nice for me that I have plenty for this little back problem. I am hoping that the back will continue to improve with rest, ice, heat and light stretching. It ticks me off that I can't get back to my training for KB ... but I am trying to be smart. I'd rather take this time and heal, than have to be laid up for months because I failed to listen to the really loud warning screams my body is emitting.

Ok ... here's what I ate today:

Breakfast
2 egg whites, 1 50 cal cheese brick, 1 whole wheat english muffin
2 cups black coffee

Mid-morning snack
1 slice whole wheat toast, spray butter
1 orange

Lunch
1 svg Lentil Soup

Mid-afternoon snack
Chocolate protein bar (perrillo)

Supper
3/4 cup low carb rotini
4 oz chicken breast with about a cup of cacciatore (eggplant, zucchini, italian peppers, onion, tomato, garlic and various italian seasonings)

No comments:

Post a Comment