Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 10

I just finished watching the last season of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" with my husband. As Chris said, it took him 8 years to get closure, but closure he finally got. I watched the series season finale as it happened. Chris, however was otherwise occupied with beating back the big bad in Iraq, instead of watching Buffy beat back the big bad First Evil. It was our guilty pleasure back then. I remember feeling even more sure that Chris was "the one" when, early in our dating relationship he admitted to enjoying the antics of the Slayer and her gang. Gotta love a Marine who can admit to watching a show about a chick named Buffy. Granted, a kick-ass, MMA-qualified, savior of the world chick named Buffy, but still ...

I don't know why I am sharing this particular glimpse into my life. Maybe its because it underlines my love of a strong, powerful female character. I am drawn to hard rock voiced by girly singers. I strive to build a tougher physique, no soft girly-girl am I.

Maybe I am just writing because it is the last thing I saw before sitting down to account for my food.

Who knows? But if you are looking for inspiration in the form of pop-culture, that last apocolypse-avoiding season of Buffy is definitely worth a look-see.

Now on to the food ...

Breakfast
1 svg oatmeal with 1 tbsp flax seed ground, 1 tbsp wheat germ & 1 tbsp raisins
2 cups coffee

Mid-Morning Snack
1 skinny latte
1 svg almonds

Lunch
3-oz grilled chicken, on lettuve with tomato, red onion, 2 tbsp chickpeas, 1 tbsp goat feta, 2 tbsp pepperoncini's, cucumber, spray style light italian dressing

Mid-Afternoon Snack
1 Skinny Latte (I was really tired today)
10 cherry tomatoes

Dinner
Lettuce with leftover venison taco meat (about 1/2 c), tomatoes, onion & salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment