Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 2

Day 2 was going pretty well up and until my mid-afternoon snack time. Apparently, I need to eat a little more at lunch time, as I was starved by the time I got home from the gym. With exactly 5 minutes to grab something and run back out the door, carrots didn't seem to be enough. I wanted substance and sitting right there at the front of the fridge was my little container of the healthier no-bake cookies I made several days ago. I grabbed and ran, only feeling guilty about it after they were gone. Tomorrow I will plan better. Period.

For the record, I pushed myself extra hard at my spin class a couple of hours ago to try and make up for it. Still, my goal here is to keep as healthy as I can and those, albeit better than a lot of other things I could have grabbed, were not the best nutritional bang for my buck.

Kitchen closed, done for the night.

Breakfast
1 svg steel cut oatmeal with 1 tbsp ground flax seed & 1 tbsp wheat germ
2 cups black coffee

Mid-Morning Snack
1/2 c. No-Sugar added Mandarin Oranges
1 single svg ff vanilla Greek Yogurt(Brown Cow version, 110 cal/svg)

Supplements: Fish oil (3000 mg), Super Cissus Joint Formula (2400 mg), multi vitamin with extra iron, St. John's Wort, Meloxicam (for arthritic swelling)

Lunch
1 svg "In a Pinch Chicken Chili" (265 Cals)

Mid-Afternoon Snacks
2 Healthy Cookie Snacks (I know, not a good choice)

Dinner
4-oz. lean chicken breast stir fried with 2 cups mixed fresh veggies (bok choy, broccoli, carrots, onion, garlic)
1/2 c. brown rice

Supplements: Fish oil (3000 mg), Super Cissus Joint Formula (2400 mg), St. John's Wort

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting ready to post a recipe for some cookies in my blog. They are pretty healthy (I think) You should check them out. It's going to be a long post lol and you might think I'm weird once you read it but just go to the recipe. :o)

    ReplyDelete