Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Monday, February 14, 2011

10,000 Swings in 30 Days?

Wanna hear about something intense? I read a blog the other day, well article, about a crazy kettlebell challenge. 10,000 swings in 30 days. That's roughly 333 swings per day, if you don't take a single day off. Huh. Wanna read about it?

http://www.nofearfitness.com/articles/10000-swing-challenge.php

If you are not a swinger, you don't really know how intense this could be. Yesterday was a pretty intense kettlebell workout ... and only a small portion of it was aimed at swings. In fact, only a small portion was aimed at upper body. We did a lot of lower body stuff. Mini-squats, calf raises (bumps), farmers walks ... butt stuff. However, the swings, jerks and cleans we did do, leave me with happily wasted shoulders. How shredded would my arms be if I accomplished a mission of 10,000 swings (mixing one handed and two handed) in 30 days?!

It's very tempting. It would be over and above, in addition to all the other training I do. It would be what I do at night as I relax watching a TV show. As Coach Jen said yesterday, it would be the fun part of the night, with a glass of red on the table and a 16kg KB swinging away. As I said ... I'm tempted.

I'm looking for ways to up my output, without logging more time at the actual gym. Sure ... I love being there. But I love being home, too, and sometimes I feel overwhelmed when I spend all of my time out and about and none of it here. My "down time" is not at night, when Chris & Ian are here. It's in the afternoon, just after lunch, when I can turn on reruns of Grey's Anatomy and completely chill out my brain. I don't even have to pay attention, cuz I already know what happens next. I can't sleep during the day (nap), but this is the next best thing. What if I incorporated a few hundred swings into that time? It's pretty brainless for me.

What if?

I can't start now, not with a big trip to FL coming up in less than a week. But I could start March 1st. I plan on taking my KB's with me to OH (Arnold's are right around the corner, March 3-6) ... Toni and Maureen will keep me on track and not let me off the hook.

In that link I put above, the writer has some very convincing arguments for attempting the challenge. "How does a smaller butt, slimmer hips, a flat stomach, thinner thighs, unreal strength endurance and increased overall strength sound to ya?" Why, that sounds real good, Lisa. Really, really good.

Gonna give it a little more thought, but I am seriously leaning in that direction ... and oh what a challenge it will be.

By the way, bought a couple of new t-shirts, just waiting for them to arrive. I needed some cotton inspiration. The first is here:

kettlebell: because you might need to lift a car tee shirts from Zazzle.com

And the 2nd (my favorite, although I need to use discretion in where I wear this one) is here:

UNLEASH YOUR SKINNY BITCH SHIRT from Zazzle.com

Purchased both at Zazzle.com. They have LOTS of other designs, in case you might want to go looking for your own cotton inspiration.

Ok, that's enough for today. I have these torn up hands to wrap before my KB class today. No rest. Not even for damaged goods.

(I welcome your thoughts on the 10,000 swings in 30 days challenge ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment