Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 12, 13, 14 FAIL!

I managed to lose my streak. It wasn't intentional, but I was completely unable to log on for the past 3 days. On Friday, I was busy from sun up to sun down. I did manage to write it all down on my paper journal, with every intention of entering it that night. Somewhere around 11:30pm I finally got into bed and as I lay there thinking about all the things I would have to do in the morning, I remembered I never logged my food. Knowing it was written down, I decided to not get back up, log on and enter the food. I figured I would apologize profusely, then enter it along with Saturday's accounting. I had to get up Saturday at 4:00am, to be on the road for South Carolina by 4:30am. Sleep was a higher priority.

The only problem is, I rushed out Saturday morning and left the food journal at home, on my coffee table. Joy and happiness. I realized this Saturday evening, at 11:30pm as I lie in bed at my cousins house, exhausted beyond belief from a stressful, 15 hour drive. I hadn't even unpacked my computer, so I wasn't about to go out to the car and grab it in order to log in 2 days of food. I couldn't even think straight at that point. FAIL.

So, bring on Sunday and the final leg of my journey to Florida. We left SC around noon, with the hope of reaching our destination at 10:00pm. Bathroom breaks, gas refills, leg stretching (Ian wanted a picture at each state line ... great idea, a little too time consuming when crunched!), bad traffic for no known reason ... we finally arrived at my mother's home at 11:45pm, again exhausted beyond belief. Even after a relaxing day today, and an unheard of nap this afternoon, I am still fried.

So, I propose that I just start at Day 12 as today, forget the past 3 days (as they are mostly forgotten anyway, I remember bits and pieces, but not everything ... and I am tired!) and give you today's food. The lesson I have learned is that even the best laid plans can be disrupted by a crazy nearly-9 year old, a dog, and a long road trip.

So here's (the new) day 12:

Breakfast
1 svg. oatmeal with 2 tbsp mixed dried cranberries, pomegranate seeds, raw walnuts and slivered almonds
2 cups black coffee

Mid-Morning Snack
1 svg. roasted almonds

Lunch
Grilled chicken wrap with lettuce and tomato
Small French Fry (baaaad girl!)
Diet Coke

No Mid-Afternoon Snack (but I did go swimming!)

Supper
Green salad with lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber and 1 tbsp Italian vinaigrette
6 large shrimp (so the say, not really all that large), grilled on skewers with bell pepper, onion, cherry tomato, broccoli and 3 total baby red potatoes

I'm hungry right now, not surprising as I skipped my afternoon snack ... but, you see ... I fell asleep on a chair in the living room after swimming. I was THAT tired. Figure that the skipping of the snack helps the calorie deficit after the fries at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment