Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 16, 17 & 18 Catch Up!

I did not have computer access Friday and Saturday I fell into bed shortly after I FINALLY got home. I do have an exact accounting of my food for you though. Considering how little I ate over those two days, it is a pretty simple task.

First, however, I want to talk about my body. More accurately, my pain. Today I am simply overwhelmed with frustration at how my body continues to crush my every effort. My shoulder and subsequent surgery interfered with my upper body progress last year. Following, my knee interrupted my running plans. Now I am dealing with a chronic back issue that is dooming my kettlebell agenda. And sadly, my left shoulder is giving me issues again and my knee has never stopped being a problem. Quite frankly, I am DONE with being in pain ... ALL THE TIME.

A week and a half ago, during my Thursday training, I accomplished a trial run for my KB Competition group. At the end, my lower back was obviously fatigued and aching. Luckily, I was already scheduled to go to the chiropractor on Friday. I was also scheduled to drive for 23 hours over the course of the weekend. My back pain upon arriving in FL was substantial. It abated somewhat just in time to hop back in the car 3 days ago for a return trip.

This morning I attended my Sunday KB Competition class and was rendered virtually useless. I did what I could, wore a back brace (Thanks Jenn!) and have spent the rest of the day either icing or heating. I can still barely walk. I am so incredibly frustrated with this, I can't begin to explain it. It's not that the pain is unbearable ... I have been living with pain for a really long time. And there are people who live with MUCH more. It's the anger I feel that I am having a hard time dealing with.

Why, oh WHY??? ... is it that I can't just place a goal in front of me, work towards it and not have to deal with some portion of my body breaking down? I know this is not permanent. I know that if I am careful, I will be able to get myself back into working order within the week. I am simply tired of being in pain and always having to make allowances for my body's inherent weaknesses.

Putting it bluntly, its difficult to maintain motivation and optimism in the face of never ending painful odds.

That's my complaint (rant) for the day. I hope that tomorrow will be significantly better. Here's the food part.

Day 16
No breakfast
Well, 2 cups black coffee and some water

Lunch
Grilled chicken sandwich from Burger King and a diet coke

More water

Dinner
Grilled chicken sandwich from KFC and a large bottle of water

Day 17
Breakfast
2 eggs scrambled, 2 slices whole wheat toast and hash browns
2 cups black coffee

No lunch, No snacks, a coke Zero and 2 bottles of water

Dinner
6" Turkey sub on whole wheat roll from Subway (all veggies and mustard)
Plain, unsweetened Iced Tea

Day 18
Breakfast
3 eggs whites scrambled, 1 whole wheat english muffin, 2 cups black coffee

Mid-Morning Snack
1 orange

Lunch
1 svg Lentil Soup

Dinner
Chinese diet menu chicken with chinese vegetables, 1/2 c. brown rice, soy sauce
Coke Zero and finished up my gallon of water

Looking forward to less pain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment