Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Thursday, November 19, 2009

When it's time to eat ...

Today, at precisely 12:30pm it was time for me to eat my lunch. Luckily, I was prepared! Prior to leaving that morning, I prepared a cooler full of everything I would need for the time I would be out and about. A protein shake and an apple for my mid-morning snack, a healthy turkey sandwich on Ezekiel 4:9 bread for my lunch, a cup of sliced cucumbers with a little vinegar sprinkled on top, and a big bottle of water.

Mid-morning snack was easy - I ate it in the car, in between the physical therapists office and the hair salon. However, at 12:30pm, when it was time to eat my lunch, I had a head full of tin foil and was sitting under a dryer. There were 5 people in the salon, no including the stylists. Nobody else was eating. Hmmm. OH WELL!

I asked Tammy (my stylist) to hand me my cooler and I apologized to her, explaining that it was 12:30pm and it was time for me to eat my lunch. So eat it I did.

Sure, I got looks. A couple of older ladies sat there, whispering to one another, glancing my way. I did my best to be neat, to mind my manners and chew with my mouth closed. But, by God, when you need to eat every 2.5 hours, you NEED to eat, and no matter what the location, nothing is getting in the way.

After I finished, I started thinking how funny I must have looked, all tin foiled and heating up, with my psycodelic pink lunch cooler on my lap. Being that I am not yet skinny, I am sure people were thinking "Boy, that poor girl can't even wait until she is at a table until she has to eat. tsk, tsk, tsk." My response? I giggled. Again, I must have been a sight.

The things we do to make our goals, the lengths we are willing to travel. Maureen shared a story with me about eating tuna fish on an airplane. Hey, she had to eat and THAT was what she was supposed to eat at that time. You do what you have to.

I am learning to feed the engine when it needs to be fed and not let anything get in the way. When I wake, I need to feed myself first, and take care of my lovable son 2nd. That's not instincitve for a Mom! But, as Maureen pointed out to me, his little metabolism can afford to wait a few minutes ... mine can't. It's amazing the results, too. I am hungry when it is time to eat. And I don't mean mildly uncomfortable ... I mean, feed me NOW or I will eat the first source of protein that crosses my path (beware cats and dogs!)

Now, wouldn't THAT make an interesting blog!?

"The sun is always shinning. Even though clouds may come along and obscure the sun for a while, the sun is always shining. The sun never stops shining. And even though the earth turns, and the sun appears to go down, it really never stops shining." ~ Louise L. Hay

THURSDAY FOOD DIARY
Breakfast

Egg Whites (All Whites 100% Liquid Egg Whites), 0.7 cup
Regular Coffee, 3 cup (8 fl oz)
John McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal, 0.5 cup
Apples, fresh, 0.25 cup, quartered or chopped
Lunch
Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread, 1 serving
Turkey breast meat, 2 ounce(s)
Red Ripe Tomatoes, 1 slice, medium (1/4" thick)
Romaine Lettuce (salad), 2 inner leaf
Wholly Guacamole 100 Calorie Snack Pack, 0.3 serving
Dinner
Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey, 4 oz
Mache, 1 cup
Frontera Gourmet Mexican Salsa - Chipotle, 6 tbsp
Snack
Apples, fresh, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb)
Universal Super Whey Protein Powder, 23 gram(s)
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
Cucumber (with peel), 1 cup slices
Universal Super Whey Protein Powder, 23 gram(s)
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup

No comments:

Post a Comment