Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Monday, November 16, 2009

Inspiration

My trainer said something to me today that was ... inspiring. Earth shattering. FRIGHTENING. (No, I am not talking about my new workout, although that is INTIMIDATING!) She said that, if I was interested in competing some day, there is nothing to hold me back, not someone with my focus and drive.

Huh!

Let's just take a moment to address the minor issue in that declaration. Compete?? Ummm ... probably not. I am basically pretty shy and, believe it or not, get quite the case of stage fright. I know, all who know me and have heard me sing or watched me in a play, will find that hard to believe. But see ... that type of performance never really frightened me. Singing ... well, sure I get nervous, but its a natural thing for me to do ... always has been. Theater? That's pretending to be someone else ... and I have a lifetime experience doing that. :) But ask me to SPEAK in front of a crowd, do anything out of my comfort zone in front of a group of people and I can pretty much guarantee my knees will be quivering. So, it is highly unlikely I would ever compete in a fitness or body building competition.

I would, however, like to LOOK like I could. The very fact that she thinks I might get this old, out of shape body anywhere near that possibility absolutely makes me grin. Ohhhh boy, do I ever want to have a body that someone might think is competition level. Yes, yes. YES.

This came on the heels of a less than motivating comment about my efforts by a family member. I struggled, mentally, much of the weekend with the words which were used by that person and my seeming inability to ever please. It was like water to a dying, thirsty soul to hear someone I respect tell me that she thinks I have the *stuff*. And, oddly, I have been feeling quite ... empowered ever since. I can accomplish anything ... and I am excited to try.

(Anyone notice that I seem to have an obsession with ellipses ... today ... ? Not quite sure why ... but they are fairly addicting ...)

Remember when you see someone trying to make a positive change in his or her life, that the words you say might echo in their heads long after you are gone. think what the world could be if we all encouraged just one new person every day ...

"The tongue has the power of life and death." Proverbs 18:21

SUNDAY'S FOOD DIARY
Breakfast

Kashi Go Lean Waffle, 1 serving
Universal Super Whey Protein Powder, 23 gram(s)
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
Olivio Buttery Spray 5 sprays, 1 serving
Grapes, 10 grape, with seeds, yields
Lunch
Atlantic Salmon (fish), 3 oz
Brown Rice, medium grain, 0.5 cup
Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp
Dinner
Chicken Breast, no skin, 5 ounces
Del Monte Cut Green Beans, 1 cup
Snack
Cottage Cheese, 1% Milkfat, 0.75 cup (not packed)
Apples, fresh, 1 small (2-1/2" dia) (approx 4 per lb)
Almonds, 12 almond

MONDAY'S FOOD DIARY
Breakfast

Egg Whites (All Whites 100% Liquid Egg Whites), 0.7 cup
Organic Blue Agave syrup, 0.5 tbsp
Regular Coffee, 3 cup (8 fl oz)
Strawberries, fresh, 0.5 cup, sliced
John McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal, 0.5 cup
Lunch
Flat Out Artisan Fold-it Flatbread, 1 serving
Chicken Breast, no skin, 3 ounces
Bib Lettuce, 1 leaf, large
Red Ripe Tomatoes, 2 slice, thin/small
Dinner
Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey, 4 oz
Mache, 1 cup
Frontera Gourmet Mexican Salsa - Chipotle, 6 tbsp
Snack
Apples, fresh, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb)
Universal Super Whey Protein Powder, 23 gram(s)
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
Cucumber (with peel), 1 cup slices
Ken's Lite Chunky Blue Cheese salad dressing, 1 tbsp
Universal Super Whey Protein Powder, 23 gram(s)
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup

No comments:

Post a Comment