Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

7th inning stretch is over.

It's amazing how spending a little time reading about the life of one of my favorite fitness icons can inspire me to stay on program. Hopefully, Monica won't mind if I post her picture at the top of my blog for a few days. (I don't get any money for the writing of this particular blog - this is purely for my own inspiration.) For me, Monica Brant is the ultimate fitness inspiration. She's been in the biz for over 20 years and she remains one of the most fit, most beautiful, most inspiring of all the models gracing magazine covers today. If I had a genie granting wishes, I would spend them all requesting to emulate her physique and dedication.

As I have been struggling lately with every kind of obstacle, there have been some very clear moments when I have wanted to quit altogether; to become complacent and accept that my current figure, vastly improved from 8 months ago, is good enough. I have wanted to simply stop and be content with where I am now, even if it is not anywhere near where I wanted to be when I began this journey. I have wanted to accept that this is as good as it is going to get for me, and force myself to be happy with that limited perception of my abilities.

However, compare me side by side with Monica, my inspiration, and there is no denying I have a LONG ways to go.

It's time to stop kvetching about my food. It's time to train harder, and yes, smarter, in order to avoid injury. It's time to expect the tough things from my body, instead of the easy. Time to stop complaining and start working. Time to stop hearing the compliments, and start focusing on the end of the game. If you quit before the game is over, it doesn't matter what kind of lead you built up - you will always lose before it's done. 7th inning stretch is over - bring in the closer to finish this thing strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment