Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Preparation Mode

I am stunned and amazed by the number of people who wrote me to tell me they are behind my *quest* 100%. Surprisingly, a number of people also told me they want to join me at the gym, or start a journey of their own. Thanks to all of you, I have grown even more excited and motivated about this journey ... and more committed than ever to being transparent along the way.

Part of my pre-start homework is to clean the junk out of my pantry and fridge. Honestly, there's not a lot there. Eating healthfully has not really been a problem ... I am one of those freaks of nature who actually loves fish, veggies and exotic grains (whole wheat couscous, quinoua and lentils rank right up there next to chocolate cake). However, this does not mean my home is void of junk. In order to keep the *boys* happy, I will have to keep a stash of snackables. Everything else will be given away or tossed. Might as well do a thorough cleaning of the fridge and freezer while I'm at it.

Secondly, I am to re-read the book "Clean Eating" by Tosca Reno. For any unfamiliar with her, Tosca is an inspiration to women of all ages, but most especially to those over 40. Weighing in over 200 lbs at age 40, Tosca decided some changes were needed in her life and revamped her lifestyle entirely, changing her eating and fitness habits. Now she is not only a fitness model and competitor, but she has written several inspiring books teaching others to eat clean and work out right. She's a columnist for well-respected fitness magazines and is considered to be an expert in this field. I have been a fan of hers for many years. Now I will be adhering to the same principles she used to drastically improve her fitness. About a year ago I emailed Tosca to tell her what an inspiration she is to me. She wrote back with very encouraging words, but I simply didn't have the willpower to stick to it. the next time I write to her, I intend to send photos of the brand new me.

Finally, my pre-start homework includes keeping track of every morsel of food that passes my lips and every workout I manage to get in, starting Monday the 28th. We all know that I will be on my best behavior that week ... its just natural to want to impress the teacher the first week of school. THIS week I am trying to work in (without pigging out!) the things I know I will miss during the next 12 weeks of my program. In particular, apple cider and apple crisp. Fall would not be fall with out them, and I don't want to feel I missed out on the 2nd best part of the season. :) (The 1st best part is football, of course!)

There's a lot to do. I almost feel as if I have taken on another job ... but I guess that is how it should feel. My *job* is to become the healthiest me I can, to work out and eat properly, be prepared for any circumstance. To be focused and motivated every day.

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

Ascend on!

No comments:

Post a Comment