Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Calm Day 3

Before I begin anything else, I need to correct something I wrote yesterday. The Tosca Reno book is not entitled "Clean Eating". This is actually the title of the magazine she helps to publish and to which I am also fairly addicted to. (The recipes are outstanding and the tips can't be beat.) Her book is entitled "The Eat Clean Diet" and there is a whole series that go along with it now, from cookbooks designed especially for children and men, journals and even a workout manual. Just in case you wanted to go look for them, I wanted to be sure you had the right info. Any of the books, and/or the magazines are fantastic.

Now on to my Day 3. So far, it has been very calm and uneventful. As I said, I'm not really starting until October. However, its amazing how just having a "healthier conscience" plays into day to day decisions. I think about what I eat, when I eat it, stop and do a few crunches when I find some free time, even make sure that the dinner I prepare for my family is full of healthy ingredients. Tonight my son has swimming class, so I think I will grab some bike time at the gym while he is swimming. It will only be a half hour, but every second of extra physical activity counts.

In case you were wondering, tonight's supper is potato soup, cooked from scratch using healthy, organic and low fat ingredients. I am part of an Organic Farm Co-Op, which means I recieve a delivery chock full of great veggies every week. The past couple of weeks have included lots of potatoes. My Irish-ness demands that I am a big fan of them, but not quite as many of them as are currently in the house. So, best to use them up in a family friendly AND healthy meal.

Tomorrow will include a trip to the farmer's market and harvesting the beets and carrots from my own garden. I absolutely love harvest season!

"An excuse is simply a justification for a lower standard. Don't justify."

Ascend on!

No comments:

Post a Comment