Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tethered by Solid Resolve

I have put together some really good days since returning from the Arnold Sports Expo. My food has been clean and nutritious. My workouts have been tough and effective. I am sincerely looking at this journey as one day at a time. I only have a few short weeks left until my Kettlebell Expo competition. I feel like I lost 2 weeks of training due to the FL trip and the subsequent injury. Wanting to bring my best game when the competition arrives, I am trying to carefully make up for lost time, keeping the health of my back in mind with every movement. I spend a LOT of time stretching right now, in the hopes that will keep me loose and limber and ready to work.

Right now, I am quietly motivated. I don't feel the need to shout from any rooftops that I am staying on track and am focused. I guess after so many months of feeling cut off, afloat, I just want to enjoy the security of routine, tethered by solid resolve. For those who are used to me pulling out the old soap box whenever I find a little motivation, that isn't happening this time around. I know what needs to be done, it's time to just do it. Nobody wants to hear you talk about it ... they want to see you perform.

So watch me fly.

Breakfast
1 svg. oatmeal with 1 tbsp. ground flax, 1 tbsp. wheat germ, 1 tsp. sucanat, 2 cups black coffee

MM Snack
1/2 c. cottage cheese, 10 green grapes

Lunch
Salad with grilled chicken, tomato, 1 boiled egg, red bell pepper, onion, cucumber, about a tbsp. bleu cheese and very little (maybe, maybe 2 tsp.) italian dressing

MA Snack
Protein powder mixed with water

Supper
Homemade chicken soup with zucchini, carrots, onion, tomato, and just a little (1 cup for the whole pot, which will make 8 servings) whole wheat pasta in homemade veggie stock, 1 small whole wheat roll, dry

No comments:

Post a Comment