Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Result of Interruption



It seems that writing every day, blogging my food intake every day, for a grand total of 30 days is made much more difficult when there are 2 fairly long driving trips thrown into the mix. Florida was a halt and start. Columbus seems to have been another. Although it needs to be mentioned that I was VERY good on this particular trip. However, I didn't turn my computer on once from Friday afternoon until this morning. That makes blogging a bit difficult.

I am not going to bore you further with my meals. I accomplished what I wanted to with this particular challenge, at least, I accomplished my main objective. I have gotten into the habit of tracking my food intake again. I am much more aware of every bite, good and bad, that enters my mouth. A Starbucks Venti Cinnamon Dolce Skinny Latte is still 160 calories, no matter how nice "Skinny" may sound. French fries might start off as a vegetable (of sorts), but potatoes are rendered useless when frenched and fried. Not as if I didn't know that ... but it is the most convenient side dish when eating whilst driving.

Seeing all the uber-fit ladies at the Arnold really made me want to get back in the game. Working out with Maureen in person really made me more excited about jumping on the fitness wagon. Cardio is not an evil thing and I am no longer going to say I hate it. Instead, I am going to insist that I LOVE it until it is true. I will get my cardio in 6 days per week, no matter what. And no, I am not going to count my KB workouts as cardio, but on those days I will reduce my minutes from 45 to 30.

I am still going to track my food. But if I miss a day writing it here, I won't stress as much. However, I will post it with every blog, and I hope to become more consistent in the blogging.

Oh yeah ... and Monica Brant is just as sweet, kind, and beautiful in person as she appears to be in her interviews. Tosca Reno is wonderfully inspiring. And Vanda Hadarean is kindness personified. Alicia Marie? Gorgeous! Don't know who any of those people are? Check 'em out! Some of the best there is in the fitness model world ... and I saw them live and in person at the Arnold Sports Expo this weekend. Can't wait to go again next year ... and to look much better standing next to them in my pics.

Breakfast
4 egg whites, one whole wheat english muffin, 3 cups black coffee

MM Snack
1/2 c. 1% cottage cheese, 1/2 c. sugar free mandarin oranges

Lunch
4-oz. Grilled chicken, doused with buffalo wing hot sauce, on lettuce with tomato

MA Snack
1 oz craisins, 1 oz raw almonds

Supper
4-oz baked chicken breast, 1 cup steamed broccoli, 1-oz. walnuts

Later ....
Cup of decaf herbal mint tea

No comments:

Post a Comment