Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Updating

Nobody has called me out on the fact that I have not recorded my food for the past 2 days. Have I let you all down so many times before that you simply expect me to fail yet again? I hope not. For the record, I have been writing it down, on my calorie counter site ... I just have not been at the computer (the desk top, its too hard to transfer on the laptop, which is where I am now) long enough to log it for you. Weight this morning was down again (169.5), so that's an improvement.

I've been to see the Physical Therapist about my knee issues. Many of you know that I have dealt with a torn meniscus issue since high school. The pain I have been experiencing lately was different enough to send me back to the pro's for assistance. Apparently, I am suffering from something called Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (PFPS). Luckily, we should be able to correct the muscle atrophy in my right quad and relieve some of that pain. And GET ME BACK ON THE ROAD!

I am signed up for the Corporate Challenge Race on June 3rd, which is 2 weeks from today. I certainly won't beat my best time, but I might be able to at least lightly jog that race if I stay diligent with my p/t between now and then. I will attempt to run a mile or 2 next week while visiting my family. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please, that I can get through light running with minimum pain. I don't want to let my fellow runners from LaserMax down!

I shove off for a visit to my Dad on Saturday. On the way, we are planning on stopping to visit one of my best friends from HS, Sandi, who is in hospice for Hodgkin's Disease. I just found her again about a month ago and it breaks my heart that I did not get to visit her sooner. I'm afraid this following week is going to be an emotional roller coaster. Seems 2010 has been one big roller coaster. Hopefully, the ride will be smoother from this point on.

Will try to get you the past few days of food journal's sometime today, when I get behind the desktop.

2 comments:

  1. I have patellofemoral dysfunction, too. I went through PT a few years back to work on it. That helped a lot, but it still sometimes flares up on me. One somewhat reassuring thing I learned was that it's "only pain" - that is, it's not a tendon about to rupture or anything horrific like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering if you are going to stop our way while you're here?

    ReplyDelete