Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Results of the Physical

Are you wondering how it turned out? That frightening trip to the exam office to determine whether or not all my efforts have generated a weight worthy of "Premium" status? Well, let me tell you.

It was a bit of a joke.

I did work my tail end off for the past week and a couple days. I also managed to contract a deadly (and if not sincerely lethal, it at the very least made me wish I would just die) intestinal flu which had me spending the last 2 days in the throne room. Did my body respond with a weight deserving of all this torture, both intended and not, upon my body? It certainly did NOT. My weight this morning was a solid 170.4.

*Sigh*

So, I headed out the door hoping that I would be able to beat the 170's in a month or so and be able to take the physical again. Upon arriving I was ushered into a small exam room. I was asked to step on the scale, fully dressed and with my shoes on. I asked if I could remove them, because, come on! The shoes are at least 2 lbs!! She said that was fine and I stepped on the scale, which kindly registered 170 lbs. With my clothes on. Hmmmm. Then she asked me to turn around to have my height measured. 5'6" sound about right?

Ummm ... no! But I sure as heck will take it!!

You should all know that I call my self 5'5", knowing full well its more like 5'4-1/2" ... on a good day. There is no way, in my stocking feet that I am anywhere near 5'6" ... but you know what? Added height offers a higher weight ... and I am happy to take it.

Following were blood and urine samples, then I was merrily sent on my way. I have no idea what the outcome will be ... but I know that I can argue the fully clothed thing if I have to. And, I can always go back in a month and have my weight re-checked. I will most certainly be free of the 170's by then. Come hell or high water.

So now I can stop focusing on the scale and get back to focusing on the running, focusing on the fitness and focusing on the good, clean foods.

I'm just glad that chapter is over. (And I better get the premium rating!"

No comments:

Post a Comment