Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Monday, March 22, 2010

Premium Rating

My friend Adam told me that he has lost interest in my blogs because they have become so infrequent. I am going to try and fix that, however, I am not promising anything! Life, workouts, eating, sleeping, taking care of a very busy boy's schedule, physical therapy ... it all adds up to very little me time. But we all know how I feel about excuses.

A couple of things to report: I can now run 4 miles at a solid 12 minute mile speed. Tomorrow I bring it back down to 3 miles, while trying to increase that speed yet again. I am also faithfully accomplishing 40 minutes on the stairmaster 2times per week at level 9. I can do the killer plyometric routine without embarrasment. My ABs are coming along. I (finally) broke through my weightloss barrier.

I think I wrote in the last blog that I have been stuck in the same basic weight range for all of February and the beginning of March. Thankfully, it appears I have finally broken through that barrier. My gratefulness for this is twofold. 1st, there is nothing more disheartening than to to step on the scale day after day after sweaty, denial-filled day and find it has not budged. Seriously, that is the biggest motivation zapper out there. At least, it is for me. 2nd, my husband and signed up for a term life insurance policy and in order to get the premium rate, you guessed it, I need to come in at or below a specific weight that, while not out of reach, has been elusive. For those who have not read from day one or need a reminder, I started this journey at 213 lbs. In order to get the premium rate I need to weigh 167. For the past month I have hovered around 175, with a few rounds of 173. Today I weighed 168. I have 1 week and 2 days to lose a few more pounds and make the 167 goal without fear.

For those of you who did not know my weight, now you understand why I say "people who have not seen me naked think I look good." Someone recently commented that she didn't see where I had more weight to lose. It felt nice, but all I could think was "Holy cats - if you knew what I actually weigh!!!" Well, now she will, if she reads this blog entry.

I have lost a little over 45 lbs total since October 5th when I started this journey. I had movement limiting surgery in the midst. There are times when it is much slower than I wish it would be, but all in all, I have nothing to complain about my journey. Some even think it is remarkably fast. (Crazy people.)

Me? I am just happy that I managed to make it this far in time for that premium life insurance rate.

Yay me. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment