Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life is Good!

Some really good things have happened lately. And some things I am less than thrilled with, but hey ... you can't have everything, right?

I ran just over 4 miles on Sunday. HUGE feat for me. I was sore after ... but it didn't matter all that much as I was thrilled with the accomplishment. Because I needed to forgo my Stairmaster on Wednesday (legs needed a serious break to tackle that big Thursday), I felt the need to up the ante on Monday's climb. So I set the Stairmaster at level 9 and decided to climb from there as much of the 40 minute workout as I could.

I did the whole 40 minutes.

(Yay me!)

This morning (Tuesday) I was a bit more crunched for time, so I decided to up my speed a couple of clicks and run as much as I could. I was about 1/10 of a mile shy of 3 miles. I ran the whole thing at the higher speed.

And my legs hurt less today.

(Yay me!)

On the negative side, I can not swing a bat yet. My physical therapist is trying to address that, starting today and per my request. After all, we start training again in April and that's only a couple of weeks away. The plus side of this one is ... if for some reason I still can't hit well by the time the season starts, I can run a heck of a lot better. I can bunt and run like mad and actually make it to first base. However, I am a hitter and I missed hitting well last year. I want to hit well again, (Please, God?)

My weight is starting to shift down again. Thank God, as I have been stuck here in the same 5 lbs. range for most of February and this first half of March. It is very frustrating ... but I am persevering in spite of myself.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day and I think I am going to forgo the Guinness. Why not wait and celebrate when I reach goal instead? I'm just tired of being stalled ... and there is that whole 5 lbs. more to lose in order to be within the best rate requirements of our newly acquired life insurance plan.

All in all, though, I have nothing to complain about. I am working hard. My body is slimming out and I am starting to see muscle definition. People who don't see me naked think I look pretty good. I weigh less than my husband.

Life is good.

And, oh yeah ... the SUN IS SHINING and is supposed to stay that way all week long.

Seriously, LIFE IS GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment