Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Failure is NOT an Option.

Ugh! The agony of trying to beat an unwilling body into submission!

A couple of days ago I wrote about finally breaking through that 170's barrier, of getting close to my "Premium Rate" goal just in time for my life insurance physical? Yesterday I told you about my seriously tough motivational day? Today, let me tell you about waking up and finding the scale has jumped UP by nearly 4 lbs in 2 days for no good reason.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

I haven't done anything wrong. I worked my unwilling butt of yesterday in spite of my low motivation. I stayed on plan with my eating. There is no logical reason for the scale to jump like that. No, I do not live nor die by that scale ... but apparently Life Insurance policies do. I can measure myself today and find that inches galore have dropped from my ample thighs and butt ... but that will not satisfy the suits sitting with pen in hand waiting to deny my premium rating. I NEED the scale to be well below 167 by next Wednesday ... and to wake this morning at 171.7? Seriously ... I am a little (kinder word typed than thought) angered by that.

I am also just a little fired up by it.

I mean, who does this body think it is? Who does it belong to? WHO IS THE BOSS OF IT???

I AM!

And I intend to beat it into submission until it is a bloody, sweaty pile of pulp on the side of the road, waiting for the vultures to pick apart the last ounce of marrow from its bones.

I am wrapping up that aching knee and I am heading over to the gym for a sweat session on the stairmaster. I have pulled out the measuring cups and the food scale so I can make sure that every portion is perfectly sized, not a smidgen too much or too little. I will be drying off my bike for an afternoon speed ride to generate an extra calorie burn for the day. EVERY DAY, rain or shine. I will ice the knee after so that tomorrow I can run the full 5k at my best speed yet. I will write down every bite, lick or taste. I will eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what, because I will be prepared for any circumstance. I will drink a minimum of 3 liters fresh, clean water every day. I will not succumb to the siren's call of Coke Zero or any other artificially sweetened beverage. I will stand rather than sit. I will work my ABs every single workout day, without fail.

I will accept nothing less than total obedience from this body of mine and we will see who wins at the end of a week. Failure is not an option. I do not accept failure.

And I will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment