Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Quads & Hammies & Glutes ... Oh My!

You know it's not going to be a good ride when you find yourself apologizing to your legs 5 minutes into spin class.

*Sigh*

So ... I worked my legs to failure on Monday. Don't worry ... I was supposed to. It's a twice a week thing now. Basically, what this means is I had nothing left to give after my leg workout Monday morning. I wobbled for the rest of the day. I accomplished this same task last Thursday, but was able to follow it up with a full day off on Friday, then light (for me) cardio on Saturday. But Sunday's run I was feelin' fine.

On Monday, I tackled the stairmaster, then followed it up with my seriously killer leg workout. It's hell to finish (sorry for the *bad word*, but seriously, demons, fire, Satan himself need to be pictured here) but I have this huge sense of accomplishment when I do. I knew I worked my hamstrings extra hard as the back portion was even more wobbly than the front. This morning they paid me back the moment I swung my legs over the side of the bed and I have been flinching with every movement since.

It's a good kind of pain, the kind that tells you that good work was done and new strengths have been gained. But let me tell you, getting those legs to run 2.5 miles this morning, then taking them through a spin class this evening was not an easy task. I literally looked down at my legs 5 minutes in and told them I was very sorry for what I had done to them. It appears they forgave me a little, as I was able to finish out the ride.

I can't believe I am about to write this, but I am looking forward to tomorrow because it is *only* a 40 minute climb on the stairmaster followed by an upper body workout. Cake walk compared to Monday. And, oh yeah, Thursday I get to do the leg thing all over again.

But, I think it will be safe to say I have EARNED my day off on Friday after that. Right now I am thinking I have earned a good couch sit watching LOST.

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. ~Newt Gingrich

No comments:

Post a Comment