Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

GOALS

I have been watching the scale slide up lately, rather than the preferred down. It's frustrating because I feel like I am doing most things right. However, its obvious I am not doing everything right. So I gotta have a plan.

I will be writing down all of my food intake for a while. Probably need to plan on doing it forever, since it is much easier to fudge when I don't. It's also easier to EAT fudge when I don't. Not that I have ... but still, I know from experience, if I am not journaling, little cheats creep in. And then I promptly forget about them. So I will carry a little notebook with me at all times, and if it enters my mouth, it enters the book. I will eat what I am supposed to, when I am supposed to and I will drink a gallon of water per day. I just will.

I am "scheduling my workouts" in my calendar. I am also scheduling specific activities for specific days. The schedule is subject to change according to what the workouts are, but each time I receive a new workout plan, I will sit and re-vamp the calendar/schedule. Currently it is:

Sunday: Day of Rest (yay!)
Monday: Shoulders/Abs/Cardio
Tuesday: legs/Abs/Cardio
Wednesday: Back & Triceps/Step Class for Cardio
Thursday: Boxing & Kettlebell (cardio is mixed in with that)/afternoon-evening walk
Friday: Rest on the Weights/Cardio for endurance (60 mins or more)
Saturday: Chest & Biceps/Abs/Cardio

I am aiming for 10,000 steps per day, a mere 5 miles running per week and lots of elliptical and stair climbing for my cardio activities. Today I will buy a new pedometer ... one that won't reset itself each time I move the wrong way. And I will track those steps.

I've been doing this for about a year now. I have made significant strides toward my goal. Now I want to blast my goals off the planet so I can have new ones. And new clothes. And I desperately want to be in my best physical shape ever when I head back to Ireland a year from now with the girls. That's my reward for making my goal and since I am definitely going, I better make the goals!

Ok, so enough talking about my plans ... it is time to head out the door and hit the gym and start accomplishing the tasks set before me.

"Goals. There's not telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There's no telling what you can do when you believe in them. There's no telling what will happen when you act upon them." ~Jim Rohn~

No comments:

Post a Comment