Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Friday, April 1, 2011

Borrowing the Alphabet (blog)


In an effort to generate more creativity in my writing, I have decided to borrow an idea from a friend of mine. I am going to blog the alphabet for the next few entries ... the next 26 entries, actually. Dave is a minister, therapist, college professor ... so I don't dare compare my writing to his in depth and meaningfulness. However, his idea was brilliant and therefore, steal-worthy. Hopefully, he will be honored that I am choosing to imitate his endeavor.

By choosing a topic based upon whichever letter comes next, I will have a good jumping off point for each day. Of course, my blogs will still be all about fitness, nutrition and struggling to maintain a lifestyle between the two. I recently began a new food rotation and it seems to be working well. I also committed to weighing myself only once per month. (Quite a challenge for me, but liberating at the same time!)

And today I began my 10,000 Swings in 30 Days Kettlebell challenge. In order to accomplish this goal by the end of April, I will need to swing that bell at least 333 times a day. In truth, I need to swing it more like 450x as often as I can in case there are days in which I can't accomplish the goal. (Lots of things get in the way of workouts, right? Scheduling, sickness, family obligation ... need to be prepared.) I just finished 450 swings with my 14kg. Sweat dripping down my back, shoulders tired, the last 50 took a lot of effort ... but I ground 'em out. Now only 29 days to go!

Spring is in the air, new challenges and goals abound. I am looking forward to experiencing creative thoughts again. It seems like it has been an exceptionally long time. Letter "A" tomorrow ...

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." ~Sylvia Plath~

No comments:

Post a Comment