Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Friday, January 14, 2011

Push

I don't wanna. I wanna sleep. I wanna eat what I wanna eat. I wanna shop. I wanna relax, watch a show, catch a snooze, eat a bon bon. I wanna ...

But I can't.

I have to push. I have to push through this haze of indifference. This fog of frustration. Push past the limitations created within me, into the place where there are no limitations at all.

I was not created to be weak. I was, however, created with limitations. Did God put them there to build my character? Did He want me to learn humility? Did He want me to learn how to go farther than I,or anyone else, ever thought I could?

Push through the impossible, into the unimaginable. Catch a glimpse of that place that seems so far away. Become inspired by the vision of what the future can hold ... if I can only get past the gate of today.

The gate is locked, but by sheer strength of determination and perseverance I will bust it open. I will keep pushing against it, with all of my force, all of my will, all of ME, until the lock has no choice but to give. No choice but to break wide open and grant me access to that which one shove before was unattainable.

I can get past this. I can push past anything that gets in between me and my dreams. There is no obstacle I can not overcome. No wall I can not breach. I AM perseverance and I will not be deterred. I am the steady flow of the river that carved greatness through a mountain impasse. Nothing can stand in my way, as long as I push through with perseverance. And patience.

“People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to.” ~George Allen~

"The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win." ~Roger Bannister~

"Follow your dream...take one step at a time and don't settle for less, just continue to climb. Follow your dream...if you stumble, don't stop and lose sight of your goal, press on to the top...For only on top can we see the whole view, can we see what we've done and what we can do, can we then have the vision to seek something new...Press on, and follow your dream." ~Amanda Bradley~

"Studies indicate that the one quality all successful people have is persistence." ~Joyce Brothers~

"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." ~Confucius~

1 comment:

  1. Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

    This is my body, and I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?

    - Lance Armstrong

    ReplyDelete