Goals

Goals
Don't Get Between Me & My Goals

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Restart Button


Certain times of the year always feel like "restarts". New Year's is a given. Most of us make decisions to restart or revamp some part of our life on New Year's Eve. Monday's, too, fall under that "restart button" header. For me, September has always held the scent of a "Brand New Start". Most likely, this is due to the beginning of the school year. From kindergarten through college, and then again when we have our own children, September signals the start of a brand new school year. Resolutions to do better this year, be more popular, try out for a new team ... it's practically more resolution packed than New Year's Eve!

I've had a heck of a summer. Most of you reading this know that I lost my father in August. We had a lot more trips this year than in summer's previous. Trying to spend as much quality time with Dad as possible in the waning days, then a surprise 50th Anniversary trip with my in-laws to California. I feel like I have spent very little time in my own home. I'm not ready for this school year to start again. however, time waits for no one, and tomorrow it starts again, whether I am ready or not.

So, ready or not, it is also time for me to kick my workout and healthy eating plans right back into action. I will not make any grandstand promises to blog every day, but I will attempt to be more prolific with my writing. I won't promise to post my every bite, however, I will be journaling them on my SparkPeople page, if you feel like checking it out.

I have a few goals for this month ... and an update on my biggest goal.

1) Lose 8 lbs. by 10/1/10
2) Accomplish 20 workouts before the end of September (that's 5 per week.)
3) Spend a minimum of 5 minutes every single day on my knee rehab exercises.

And the BIGGIE? Be at my goal weight by Spring Break 2010. It's about 33 lbs to go for that one ... and I hope I can accomplish it even sooner than that. However ... this time I am allowing for plateau's. I seem to have a thing for them ... and I don't want their existence to derail me again.

A brand new start. Again. And again. And again.

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

1 comment: